Latest club news…
WE ARE BACK IN ACTION WITH REGULAR CLUB HOURS AND CLASSES ALONG WITH BABYSITTING
WE WILL ALSO BE ADDING INSANITY AT 5:30 TO TONIGHTS LINEUP FOR AN EXTRA BURN!
PLEASE BE SURE TO WELCOME OUR NEWEST INSTRUCTOR TO OUR AMAZING TEAM:
AMANDA FOR CARDIO KICKBOXING TUESDAY NIGHTS AT 7:30
WITH ALL THESE SNOW DAYS WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO BURNING OFF SOME ENERGY, SEE YOU IN THE CLUB!
TILL THE NEXT STORM…
SOME TIPS TO STAY SAFE WHILE SHOVELING FROM BETH ISRAEL DEACONESS MEDICAL CENTER
- Give yourself a break. Take frequent rest breaks during shoveling so you don’t overstress your heart. Pay attention to how your body feels during those breaks.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal prior to or soon after shoveling. Eating a large meal can put an extra strain on your heart.
- Use a small shovel or consider a snow thrower. The act of lifting heavy snow can raise blood pressure acutely during the lift.
- It is safer to lift smaller amounts more times, than to lug a few huge shovelfuls of snow. When possible, simply push the snow.
- Don’t drink alcoholic beverages before or immediately after shoveling. Alcohol may increase a person’s sensation of warmth and may cause them to underestimate the extra strain their body is under in the cold.
- Be aware of the dangers of hypothermia. To prevent hypothermia, dress in layers of warm clothing, which traps air between layers forming a protective insulation. Wear a hat because much of your body’s heat can be lost through your head.
PLEASE NOTE UPDATES AND ADDITIONS TO GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE
CONGRATULATIONS PATRIOTS NATION!!!!!
We have been working hard to bring you some amazing new morning and evening classes. Please be on the lookout for these new additions. They will be posted throughout the club!
Imagine that motivation is like a pool of water atop a base of sand. Over time, water is slowly lost as it seeps into the sandy bed and dissipates into the air above. Therefore, to keep it at a constant level, you have to work every day to replace [...]
Click here to view original web page at slimplateblog.wordpress.com
Bobby-as-Thor Thor: The Dark World hits theaters today. And since Thor is totally jacked, we figured it was a good time to grab some fitness advice from the guy who plays him. No, not Chris Hemsworth. Hemsworth’s stunt double , Bobby Holland Hanton —who has also doubled for guys [...]
Click here to view original web page at www.mademan.com
Working out in gym, under the supervision of a trainer can definitely help anyone to achieve fitness goals. Gym workout plans are designed to lose fat and build muscles to get a perfect shape for the body. Working out in gym helps one to build a well toned body. [...]
Click here to view original web page at articlebro.com
It’s amazing how incredibly wrong some beliefs about fitness really are. People think the craziest things about their exercise, diet and fitness habits, and they’d be surprised to learn that all they are are myths–which have long since been discredited. Let’s take a look at a few of the [...]
Click here to view original web page at www.fitday.com